Food for Thought Cafe Adds New Dining Option to Memorial Medical Center Campus
A new fast-casual café located at Memorial’s Center for Learning and Innovation will offer a variety of high quality meats, cheeses and artisan breads prepared to order.
“Our team is excited for this opportunity to offer new and exciting recipes,” says Christina Rollins, director of Memorial’s food and nutrition services. “From grab and go items to fresh made sandwiches and salads, our new menu offers something for everyone and every busy schedule.”
The “Food for Thought Café” will offer a unique selection of breakfast entrees, deli sandwiches, salads, Panini, pizza and more made from the freshest of ingredients. From an “Egg in the Nest” panini to chilled Swiss oats to Hawaiian-barbeque pork pizza and frozen fruit whip, the new café promises tasty menu choices for every appetite. The café will be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
A sampling of menu highlights below include:
Stuffed French Toast Panini – Thick sliced Italian bread stuffed with mixed berry Neufchatel cheese and sliced bananas, then dunked in French toast batter, pressed and grilled to perfection – finished off with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh berries.
Asian Salad – Shredded Napa cabbage, edamame, green onion, carrots, cilantro, toasted almonds, wonton strips served with sesame-ginger dressing.
Peppercorn turkey with bacon and baby Swiss, sundried tomato aioli, arugula and balsamic glaze on multigrain bread.
Pizza (on a soft Ciabatta crust)
Artichoke and mushroom-garlic parmesan spread, sautéed mushroom and onion, artichoke hearts, shredded mozzarella/provolone blend, and oregano.
Rotating daily sandwich specials
- Classic club with peppercorn turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on toasted multigrain or Italian bread.
- Muffaletta layered with peppercorn turkey, salami, smoked provolone, Havarti, and olive salad on a French baguette.
- Asian lettuce wrap filled with Asian inspired mixture of ground chicken, carrots, green onion and cilantro.
- Bistro roast beef with Havarti cheese, spinach, roasted red pepper, red onion and garlic parmesan spread pressed in Italian panini bread
- Banh Mi pork sandwich with cucumber slices, pickled carrots and onion, cilantro and Sriracha mayonnaise on a French baguette.